woensdag 11 juni 2008

Love #2 (Hevige rotatie).

Ik zou over muziek gaan schrijven.
Dus!
Dat ga ik nu doen.
In het Engels wel te verstaan (want dan kan 'ie ook op Last.fm)!
En ik ben ook nog bezig met een recensie voor het album van Johnny Foreigner.
Want die is té koel om niet over te schrijven.
















It's been a real long time since a wrote a journal like this. Shame on me, I know. I promised to write a journal about music every week or month but I suck at repeating things. I get too easily bored. And strayed as well, as you can see. But whatever, let's go!

Discovery!
Hmmm let's see, I found some pretty cool bands these weeks but the coolest must be: Errors! Oh yeah, they're awesome. Something like a electronic version of Battles or Foals (what's up with all the math-rock bands in plural without 'the' all of sudden?) but including piano and much more synths. Their music is quite funky and danceable, and it's layered enough for tons of repeated listens. Especially Pump is one of the coolest songs I've heart this year; it grows and adds all sorts of beats and melodies on top of each other for 7 minutes long. Great \O/
Here's the video for their single Salut! France which is great as well:



Artist!
This one's an easy one. Without any doubt: Queens of the Stone Age. I saw them last week and my fucking god that was incredible... They play with everything they have, so powerful and with such vigour. Bloody, that's the word. It was amazing to watch and on stage some songs are like heavy metal, so hard and fast. Couldn't be otherwise 'cause the drummer's like a monster, the bassist attacked his amps at random (feedback \m/!) and Josh, well yeah, Josh is extremely cool anyway. After their perfomance I'm pretty addicted to Lullabies to Paralyze and Era Vulgaris. I absolutely love them now.


















Song!
Let's see...oh yeah! The Rascals - Stockings To Suit! Ahhhh such an amazing song. You can hear Miles is the other half of The Last Shadows Puppets, his lyrics are so cool and kind of mysterious as well. I'd like to write like him. And his guitar, it sounds sooo dark and cool, I love it <3 In the future they should try to make longer, less-poppy songs though, 'cause all their songs are 3 minutes and have the same structure: cool guitar intro/verse/chorus/verse/chorus/awesome guitar solo/chorus. I like it, but it could get to repetive after a while. Nonetheless, I can't fucking wait 'till their album will released, aaargh it takes to long! I know I must be patient, but some albums like months before they're out and Rascalize takes like forever. But yeah, you always need something to wait for. Life would get boring without it. But complaining is fun you know.

Okay, from now on I'll try to do this more often! 'Cause I love to write about music but yeah, it's just that sometimes I don't feel like it. That's why there's these large gaps between my blogs. But anyway, goodnight! (''another bad morning'') ^^

Geen opmerkingen: